Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Family Lunch, A Beautiful Garden


My parents are in town for a few days, and yesterday we had a family reunion lunch in their farm house's garden. It was the anniversary of my grandad's death and it was just the kind of day he would have loved--a day to sit around chatting and sipping chilled beer. It was also a poignant afternoon because Nani and Thoshi Dadi were there. And it struck me that they're the last of the Mohicans. After them, it's my parents who are the "old guys" and my sister, my cousins and I... gulp...we're the adults. (Is this what adulthood feels like? Like being a big kid?)


Speaking of which, these flowers are called "bottle-brushes" and when I was a kid I thought they were magic; unreal. I haven't seen them in years and years. I'm glad they're in this garden.

1 comment:

Howard Dully said...

We have a bottle brush outside our home now Piya (come see) :)