Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Just your typical day

The magazine I work at feels like another world. Just to give you an example, yesterday my schedule consisted of the following:

1) Go to the spa at the Radisson Hotel and experience a 60 minute, full-body "green tea" massage for the "Spa for your Soul" article we're writing in the next issue.

2) After the spa, head to the "Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry" where the "Young Federation Ladies Organization" is holding a talk on battling Domestic Violence and HIV in India. Very inspiring.

3) Return to the office where my editor, with a very serious face, asks me to step outside. I think I'm about to get fired, but instead she asks if I'd be willing to go for an all-expense paid trip to Macau and write an article about it. I say yes, casually, inside I'm jumping up and down.

Not a bad job, huh? I could get used to this but the question is, do I want to? I wish I knew what it is I'm searching for in my career. I think the Gods (or whoever's in charge of these big-picture, vocation-type things) should drop me a hint... I'm definitely due one.

2 comments:

callejandro said...

don't you think a free hour-long green tea massage is a sign from the gods?

Piya said...

you know karen, you always were a smart cookie
: )

piya