Saturday, February 3, 2007

Home (kind of, sort of, fingers crossed)


It just struck me that this is the first time since highschool that I've had all my things in one place. Until now, I had random boxes stored with my mom, or with my grandad...and now they're all here and it's fun unpacking and rediscovering them. For instance, I found this beautiful painting (in photo above) that my sister painted for me years ago as a birthday present. I came across a faded "Hong Kong" stamp I'd carefully tucked into a box with cotton as a keepsake. All my beloved books are on one bookshelf and I can now revisit them whenever I want. My lucky maroon sweater with all its threads hanging out is now folded and ironed in my cupboard. I mentioned this to my longtime friend Dinh and she said something beautiful, "It's as though you found this envelope that was sealed for so long and is filled with so many beautiful things that you'd forgotten were yours...and now you're finding them like new."

No comments: