Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Beautiful Day

Today is a beautiful day. The sky is gray, there's a light breeze, and the trees and flowers look super green. What I love about being home (home being where my parent's are) is looking through old photos and letters. My mom saves everything. A couple of summer's back I found a big file folder filled with letters my dad wrote to his parents spanning 20 years starting from the age of five. My granddad filed every single letter and passed the folder onto my mom for safe-keeping. It was amazing reading through them. For as long as I've known him, my dad is a serious, logical, banker-type. But in those letters he was a different person-- a romantic soul who wrote cheesy poems about life and love. Now I know where I get that gene from! Anyways, I came across this ancient birthday card I made for my grandfather when I was seven. Can't believe my mom still has it.

No comments: