Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good Ol 4 a.m.

So, here's what I'm wondering:

1) What's the opposite of "Dog?"
a) God b) Cat

2) You know how on a train you can either sit facing forward (and see where the train is going) or sit facing backward (and see where it's passed)? Does where a person prefer to sit indicate something about their personality--like they're more "nostalgia oriented" or more "forward thinking?" Does it even make a difference really? They're still sitting down and looking out the window, right? The train's still going, isn't it?? Someone used this as a metaphor while discussing my future with me today, and I woke up this bright and early morning wondering about it....hmmmm.

3) Do you think things seem funnier, more profound and better at 4 a.m.?

4) Did you know there's the Dubai International Marathon being held here on Friday (only a week after I arrived)? And did you know that a week after I arrive in Delhi, they're holding the Delhi International Marathon? And did you know that only recently I myself ran a marathon in New York City? Coincidence? I think not.

5) Where do all the bad, I mean really bad, American sitcoms go? By any chance, are they sent overseas to random channels like "Tunisia TV" where people with jetlag who are awake really late at night have no choice but to watch them because there's nothing else on television despite the 500 channels on Dubai's cable network? And if that's the case, isn't that really wrong of the U.S.? Kind of like dumping pollution or garbage on the third world? Though then again, maybe these sitcoms will be a hit in some other culture, so why shouldn't they be given their fair shot at success? And speaking of success, isn't this a great quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson?

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; This is to have succeeded."

1 comment:

Tjamals!!! said...

1) Fleas - they don't love you and they steal your blood.

2) I sit backwards because I'm bored want to see what people are doing, or just to see who gets uncomfortable by me doing something different. I like your interesting ways of thinking.

3) ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTE-LYY

4) I did not know that, or that. But I did know that - and I agree.

5) You are just a profound treasure chest of all things wierd and unusual. Kinda like a sitcom that wasn't fully appreciated in the US, shipped overseas, and then made popular.

I like that last bit, it's pretty :) Where did you find it?